Ravenol USVO Technology
Ravenol has made it their mission to master the technological challenges of the future of lubricants and have therefor developed the ultimate in automotive lubrication technology......USVO®
What is the USVO® technology?
Lubricant requirements for modern vehicles are becoming increasingly demanding, with unwanted changes in viscosity quickly causing serious problems. To counter this, Ravenol has developed the USVO® lubricant technology to provide a very high viscosity stability at both high and low temperatures. To achieve this only the highest quality fully synthetic base oils and additives are used. USVO® stands for Ultra Strong Viscosity Oil.
THANKS TO THE IDEAL COMBINATION OF COMPONENTS, RAVENOL HAS CREATED FORMULATIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
• EXCELLENT HIGH TEMPERATURE VISCOSITY (HTHS AT 150 °C)Barely any viscosity loss during operation, which means that the lubricant film is permanently maintained during operation.
• EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE AT LOW TEMPERATURES (CCS AT -30 °C)The lubricant is always flows freely so that direct engine lubrication is guaranteed even for cold starts.
• VERY GOOD OXIDATION STABILITYOxidation stable lubricants have increased resistance against reacting with oxygen and temperatures. This increases the lubricant service life, which permanently prevents deposits (sludge) and maintains the lubrication properties.
• VERY LOW LOSSES DUE TO EVAPORATIONOnly a few components of the oil evaporate at the high operating temperatures. As a result, the engine oil level drops only slightly and the environment is not additionally polluted by the gases.
• HIGH VISCOSITY INDEXA high viscosity index illustrates a reduced temperature-dependent viscosity change compared to a low viscosity index.
• VERY LOW POUR POINTThe pour point is the lowest temperature above which an oil is liquid. As a result, lubrication is guaranteed, even at the lowest temperatures. Even if we never get temperatures this low in the UK, the lower the pour point, the better the quality of the lubricant.
Properties of the RAVENOL-USVO® qualities
Thanks to their technical properties, RAVENOL USVO® lubricants optimise engine performance and noticeably reduce fuel consumption at the same time. This benefits the environment, as lower fuel consumption leads to reduced CO2 emissions.
CCS = Low temperature viscosity
PP = Temperature of loss of fluidity
MRV = Low temperature viscosity when pumping through
SSI = Mechanical shear strength
Further detailed information over RAVENOL USVO® Technology can be found HERE.